Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

where to find limitations of software

DDJCAD

where do one find limitation/s, of software like certain things cannot be done(acad does have this)in

thanksproe help menu or elaewhere

Read this forum and you'll find all kind of limitations that cannot be solved or need a workaround ...

smiley2.gif

Most software I work with does not have a list of "This cannot be done".

Alex

DDJCAD,

That isn't the sort of information that any company (3D or 2D) will put out freely. As AHA-D says, read this forum. Your problem, when it comes to searching this forum,is that you don't know what you are looking for and your post is a bit vague. So, if there are things that you want to discuss (and there are many people on this site who are Solidworks, UGS and Inventor users as well) give us some topics that you want to know the answers to......

Cheers

Kev

PS AHA-D, 'Most software I work with does not have a list of "This cannot be done".' Can you imagine if you had an extra menu that had this. All sorts of possibilities would be available. This software cannot jog to the shop, this software cannot eat toast on a sunny Saturday morning, this software cannot last five minutes witout crashing and loosing all the good ideas you have had since this morning
smiley36.gif
.....the menu would probably enter the Guinness Book of Records, if not for length, then surely for honesty.

I am sorry,may not have used corrrect phrasing/words

what I meant is this(highlighted in red) from proe-help menu
interface_hole_dp_next.gif

ddjcad,

I could not see your illustration, perhaps that is just me...did you find your answer then?

just for fun...

I would say we would all know the limitiations of the software when we look in the mirror.

M

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back