Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Oscillating motor

altair

How can make a pin joint go back and forth between redefined plus/minus angles (from 0 to 50 to minus 50 to plus 50 .....) at either a constant speed or variable? I actually need two of the above described "motors" runnin simultaneously and tehy are orthogonal.

WF3 next week WF2 this week.

I did something similar to this (oscillating an assembly component) in WF2 by applying a servo motor to the joint axis. Then, on the Servo Motor Definition Profile tab I set the specification to "Position", and the magnitude to "Cosine". Then by adjusting the Amplitude (A), Phase (B), Offset (C) and Period (T)I could control the oscillation of the component.

This method controls the position of the component not the degree, but depending on what you need to do it may work for you.

Hope it helps!

Josh

Yes indeed it did work. Thanks

s011jan said:
I did something similar to this (oscillating an assembly component) in WF2 by applying a servo motor to the joint axis. Then, on the Servo Motor Definition Profile tab I set the specification to "Position", and the magnitude to "Cosine". Then by adjusting the Amplitude (A), Phase (B), Offset (C) and Period (T)I could control the oscillation of the component.

This method controls the position of the component not the degree, but depending on what you need to do it may work for you.

Hope it helps!

Josh

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back