Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creating multi-core flat/twisted cables

red devil

Hi guys,

I'm completely new to Pro/Cabling and I was wondering how to create flat and multi-core cables. I have the free Frotime basic tutorial, but that deals with only creating and routing a single wire. Can anyone point me in the right direction or has anyone any tutorials they are willing to share.

Thanks in advance

RD

red devil,

pro-e is shifting their focus more towards using RSD to manage the schematic and auto generating the wiring. If you do not have that extension then you are just as well off to use protrusions following a trajectory, and make the shape as you need. You will probably not find the configuration of a twisted multiple strand wire or a flat ribbon cable. A bundle is possible to route multiple leads which might accomplish your multi-core cable. I do not recall seeing a ribbon cable if that is what you mean by a flat cable.

If you just want to enhance your routing of wires manually via the cabling extension then I suggest you keep looking for reference material here and elsewhere.

cheers,

M

Edited by: magneplanar

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back