Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Top-Down Design Problems

Golden

Hi all

I use the Top-Down method to design a assembly product, creating the parts from assembly system mode. The problem is how to catch the default part template which I have set the parameter and using the default 3 view plane front,top, right. I just can have the 3 datum plane (datum 1,2,3)in assembly mode when activing parts mode, don't have the parameter and view plane that I need to modify the parts.

if I create the parts to refer default part template, I will couldn't make feature in assembly mode and heve to do it at part mode. Somebody can help me, thanks in advace.

Golden,

first question: place your template part in the main pro-e directory (c drive ) and unselect use default when making a new part, then you can choose from your templates in that directory. you can also define your start part directory for storing your personal template parts and call those up in the same way.

second question: you can build in a part while working with an assembly by activating the individual part. right click on the part name in the feature tree and select "activate", that will make the part active. Be careful about references to features of the other parts or assembly while making features on that part.. it is possible to limit the ability to reference outside the part as well. choose activate on the assembly feature icon to go back to working on the full assembly

I suggest you make new assembly parts by browse for the "copy existing" option to the part template you have while in assembly mode.

cheers,

M

magneplanar,

Thanks very much, I forget to active the part again when return to the assambly mode.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back