Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Opening WF3 parts in WF2

Persnickety1

Is there any way to set Wildfire 3.0 to save a part into such a format that Wildfire 2.0 might be able to read?

I am using Wildfire 3.0 student at school, but at work I have access to Wildfire 2.0 commercial (they won't upgrade soon). At home, I use the 60 day trial of Wildfire 2.0 student.

I'm currently unable to re-open at home or at workany part that I saved at school.
Edited by: Persnickety1

There is no way and still maintain your features. Also, the commercial version cannot open educational/student version files witout a special translator that your school may have.

<DIV>The Wildfire 3.0 30 day trial version still won't open the parts I saved at school. It says that the part I'm trying to open was created with an educational version and is not compatible with the version of ProE I'm using.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Furthermore, it gives me a warning message saying:</DIV>
<DIV>"WARNING: Workstation service not found</DIV>
<DIV>Workstation service must be installed and started.</DIV>
<DIV>Please refer to your Microsoft documentation or hardware vendor for assistance."</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I am using Windows XP Home edition SP2, 512 Meg RAM, P4 2Ghz. Despite the warning message, the 30 day trial will still allow me to create and save new parts. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Does anyone know where I could download a "translator" that will allow me open parts saved in Wildfire 3.0 educational? Or did I take a wrong turn somewhere and I downloaded the wrong 30 day trial?</DIV>
Edited by: Persnickety1

Wildfire 3 is not supported on XP home.

The translator is owned by an educational institute and is not available to individuals. Contact one of your instructors about converting the WF3 educational files to WF3 commercial files.

There is NO translator that will convert WF3 to WF2.

Hello,

There IS a way to do so, But you have to have a maintenance contract to download the program

Click on this Link:

http://www.ptc.com/community/free-downloads.htm

And choose: GRANITE-based Cross-Release Interoperability for Pro/ENGINEER

If someone has a maintenance contract and download it, he can post the"converter" so you can convert files from WF3 to WF2.

Regards,

Miguel Vercoutter
Edited by: vercoutter@duco

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back