Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

how to open the igs data in solid form

noman19

hi....

Can any one tell me howto open igs data of CATIA in Proe wildfire 3 inSOLID form,is it possible?so that i dont have to play wid the complicated surfaces of the part

Thanx in advance

noman19,

consider this, all import geometry such as IGES, STEP, or parasolid is an approximation of the original part. It may be very close, but in all cases not identical. You can massage the export to tailor it for the respective importing software. Or you can use an intermediate software that handles the exports better and then make a second import in pro e in a file type like nuetral. Softwares that model using the same accuracy have a better time with imports of the same type. IE: absolute or relative. It is not really possible to say for certain if your final import into pro-e will be a solid. You can help that process with config files that heal the geometry on import and by using the same accuracy settings. You may or may not have to do additional repair to get a complete quilt that can be made solid. Try a few methods for each software you import geometry from and see if you can find the best settings that makes a solid in most cases. i prefer step files and there is an online guide for the best settings for export and import with each software pair.

cheers...

M

noman19 said:
hi....

Can any one tell me howto open igs data of CATIA in Proe wildfire 3 inSOLID form,is it possible?so that i dont have to play wid the complicated surfaces of the part

Thanx in advance

hi

i think you can repair the surfaces become solid.it's a basic skill of pro-e.

if you have any question of this.i'm glad to help you.

regards

harrisonking

magneplanar said:
...there is an online guide for the best settings for export and import with each software pair...

This could be a useful resource. Could you drop a link for us? Thanks much!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back