Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Saving a copy of assembly, parts & drawin

reysuiban

Hello everyone, when saving a copy of assemblies it will only allow you to copy to a new name ofcomponents but notit's drawing .is there a way to copy also the drawing of the components. I tried doing it in intralink but everything need to be renamed you cannot reuse components. any help is much appreciated, thank you.

You can reuse components. In Intralink 3.3, I highlight the .drw file, and select 'Duplicate Objects'. I give new names only to the components I want changed, and ignore the others. Those components are reused.

If not usingintralink theres a config option "rename_drawings_with_object"

Set to yes and the drw will be copied as well (if in memory)

I preffer to do it the way James described though.

There are two easy ways to do it.

First is to copy through windows explorer all files needed from one directory to another.

The other is to "backup".

Both of these methods result in all files retaining the same name, which can then be subsequently changed in ProE.

The technique I find to be even easier is to open the files then "rename in session". Rename everything that has too change before you save anything. Then save the renamed objects and you have copies in one fell swoop.

Dear Friend,

if you do not have intralink you need to open both drawing as well as assembly file.

rename the assembly saev it go to the drawing regenrate the drawing and save it.

I hope your problem will solve.

if any thing more required let me know I will discuss the thigs with my coligues.

Gopal Kulkarni

One remark though : AFAIK drawings are only renamed if both the model and the drawing carry the same name.

Alex

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back