Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Faulty X-Section while in assembly

jstiles

I've got an issue with x-section views that has me stumped. When making a cross-section active, not all of the partsare "removed" from in front of the section plane. I get visual artifacts of the full parts, some look solid while others look like shelled parts or are missing surfaces. I've opened the model on other machines and the problems does not show so I'm assuming it's local to my box. I'm running a Quadro FX 500 /FX 600 on XP Pro. Anyone have any fixes or ideasfor this?

untitled.jpg

In my experience most cross section display issues involve accuracy problems.I do not have an explanation except that the PTC boys pointed me in that direction and it has worked for me. A large assembly with small parts needs to have absolute accuracy and all the components set to the same part or assembly absolute accuracy. You may need to experiment with the accuracy a bit to make the cross section work properly.

I haven't tried that yet but the odd thing is that it is a 50/50 chance that it will show like this. Often times it shows just fine. I've had the same issue with a larger (in size not complexity) assembly made of 4 parts. I'll give the accuracy a shot.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back