Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

help wtih sheetmetal

michaelpaul

I'll stated up front that I am not a sheet metal designer. I have never designed anything in sheet metal nor do I know the proper way to do it. I design plastic, injection molded parts.

Having said that, I have to create a sheet metal box. I'm sure it's not that difficult but because I don't know the "right" way to do it, I'm not sure how to treat the corners.

Can somebody take a look at the model and make the necessary changes to the corners (or anywhere else I took liberties that were wrong!) so I can see the proper way to design such a part using the sheet metal tools?

I will have to add additional features and such but I can study the help files for those. My main issue is the corners and the flanges that fold over to be brazed later. The enclosure will be Nema rated for outdoor use so the seams will be sealed.

Thanks for the help.

Michael

2007-04-05_110940_box.prt.zip

I really don't you're intent but here a very simple example. BTW u don't need to start with sheet metal application. start with a standart protution then convert to s.m. make it shell and give it a thikness. and go from there.

2007-04-06_175323_box-help.prt.zip

just give a try. enjoy!
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back