Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Tapped Hole in Family Table

BerlieParks

I'm attempting to create a family table of a part. One of the things that is required to change for each part is a tap size. However, I cannot find out how to change a tap size in the family table column. It won't allow me to select any dimensions on the tapped hole. I'm using Wildfire 2.0 M190, if that helps.

Exactly. I could make one hole for every size tap that I need, and suppress all but the one I need in the individual instances. I'm hoping there's a way to tell it what size I want in each instance without resorting to that.

I tried to use the parameters of the hole feature, the 1/4-20 hole I was using remained a 1/4-20 hole when I open the instance with 3/16-16 values. But when I verified the table, the result showed "success". There is a bug here somewere.

Well, I'm going to keep working it, to see if I can find out how. If I do, I'll post it on this thread. Let me know if you find something, if there's anything to find.

It takes about 9 parameters to make a hole thread. I am not sure the advantages of doing family table for standard threads, unless you make custom threads.

Don't think there is a way to put the standard hole into a family table.

What Ido in such cases is to create a straight hole and make a cosmetic thread. Then I can put the thread diameter and the hole diameter in family table.

You only need a table DIN or something to know all these diameter dimensions. (or a Machinery handbook)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back