Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

DELETE PARTS AFTER ASSM.

SKYBLUE

IS THERE A WAY OF ASSEMBLING A PIECE WITH VARIOUS PARTS AND THEN DELETING THE PARTSBUT KEEPING THE ASSEMBLED PIECE INTACT.

redefine the assembled piece:

insert Fix
delete all prior assembly constraints (Mate, Insert, etc.)

delete the various parts

Sky,

Try not to leave the part in a 'fixed' state. Once you have the part fixed in the position you require, take some measurements and see to what (base datums or other parts) you can redefine the constraints to. Helps with future assembly to this part and is cleaner

Kev

I don't think (I know) that your assembly will notopen if you delete a partthat is used init. I mean from your hardisk or from intralink. The assembly will give you an error (like "model x could not be retrieved") and it will not open. And there isn't a menu or something to redefine it's just in OK button.

So be verycarefull when you delete something, make sure it's not used in any assembly or drawings (same thing with the drawings if you have a view of your deleted part the drawing will not open).

SKY,

Gotta agree with Vlad (remember private e-mails you sent)....'The whole house of cards will fall over'

I'd go back to looking at shrinkwraps, or even worse STEP/IGES exports as a solution.

Kev

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back