Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF3.0 Not Responding

jfarrell

I thought I was the only guy that had a "Not Responding " problem with Pro/E Wildfire 3.0. Another person where I work now has that problem since changing to Wildfire 3.0. I tried updating the graphics driver and changing the graphics environment from opengl to win32_gdi but the problem never went away. I tried PTC Tech. support but they were of no help. Is there anybody out there that has the same problem?

Software:pro/E Wildfire 3.0 Build M060

Hardware:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional, SP2, all latest patches

Dell Precision 370 Desktop,

Intel Pentium 4, 3.40 GHz

2GB, 400MHz, DDR2 SDRAM Memory, NECC (2 DIMMS)

NVIDIA Quadro FX3400 GRAPHICS CARD, PCI, 256 MB

NVIDIA Bios Information: Version 5.40.02.17.17

NVIDIA Driver Version: 9.1.3.6 (Driver Date: 7/12/2006)

Dell 2405FPW (Digital) Monitor, Screen Refresh Rate: 60 Hertz, 96 DPI

Screen resolution: 1920by 1200 pixels

Other Software Running:

CATIA V5 - no problems

AutoCad 2007 - no problems

TREND Micro OfficeScan Client

Pro/E Wildfire 3.0 will go into "Not Responding" mode randomly. Usually after 30 minutes. This happens to any size model including when there are no models open.

Good luck finding this bug.

-J

It is a local install. It has been reinstalled a couple times. The same problem occurs with another WF3 user where I work. WF2 works o.k. on all machines where I work. WF3 has bugs that PTC doesn't want to admit to. When PTC gets bought by Autodesk, the bugs will be fixed I guess.

'When PTC gets bought by Autodesk, the bugs will be fixed I guess." ...Are they really getting bought out by Autodesk?!

NVIDIA Driver Version: 9.1.3.6 (Driver Date: 7/12/2006). ...I'd consider going back to 84.26 (Driver Date: 4/18/2006). Even though 91.36 is the latest, 84.26 I've found to be the most stable and reliable driver in a long time.

jfarrell said:
I thought I was the only guy that had a "Not Responding " problem with Pro/E Wildfire 3.0. Another person where I work now has that problem since changing to Wildfire 3.0. I tried updating the graphics driver and changing the graphics environment from opengl to win32_gdi but the problem never went away. I tried PTC Tech. support but they were of no help. Is there anybody out there that has the same problem?

Sorry but your "Not responding" problem was not specific.
I use Wildfire 3.0 and don't have any problems, with not responding...

Fires question which date code is?
Second question, what did you or your coworker doing with ProE, that starts not responding? did you work on model, did you run analysis, did you load large ams, or something else?

Please read my posts starting from the beginning, all the information is already posted.

I replaced my NVIDIA driver yesterdaywith version 84.26 as suggested by ProRookie, and so far, so good.

My WF3 returned to it's "Not Responding" mode even after changing to the NVIDIA driver version 84.26. Another colleague of mine loaded WF3 and has the same problems. He has no problem with WF2.

Hi jfarrell,

I think you are not the only guy have a "not responding" problem, I
have this too. My colleague has so. My situation is the proe not
respond and the computer seems to go running at full CPU. I have to
press "Ctrl + Alt + Del" ASAP to shutdown the proe, if I do it late, I
have to reboot it! If I running many software at the same time, the
possiblities of "not respond" goes high.

Zeta

I get it all the time too. You can click on one of the drop down menus (File, Window etc.) and it just locks up. Sometimes very briefly, othertimes for a good few seconds. It's very annoying when there is a2 to3 second delay in opening a Menu. WF2 didn't used to do this. I think it's something to do with the fact that we are now on Intralink 8 and the browser window is embedded. You don't say whether you are using it with Intralink 8. Intralink 3X worked fine with all releases of Pro/E.

I don't know why ProE Wildfire 3.0 was voted favorite new product of 2006 by Desktop Engineering (DE) subscribers. I find it hard to believe since Autodesk's Inventor is also new and seams nicer to use than ProE. My company is gradually moving away from ProE and towards Inventor. Too much time is spent trying to figure out the bugs in ProE. The designers get paid to design things, not struggle to use the software. I added the screen capture below to show readers (maybe even PTC people) what is a common occurance.

View attachment 3523

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back