Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

model pull-up time

VSCID

I am having problems with pulling up big assemblies (typically around 500+ parts with 2001.

It takes typically 2-3 hours to pull up.

Could this be a problem related to:

1]processor (i have a 2.2 gig processor with 2g ram)

2]graphics card

3]server

4]pro e 2001

please help
smiley19.gif

First of all this kind of asm should be in simp rep, not in Master representation.
This way you could open very big asm, on slow machines, and then you can work normaly.

You also didn't mention which graphic card you have, what HDD you have, are files located locally on your machine, or on server.

So to answer to your question you could provide us more info.

As for assumption I would say this:
1. processor matter for regeneration, and for asm retrieval
2. graphic card also matters as it must show your asm
3. matters a lot, because it depends on how fast network is (100 Mbps - slower, or 1000 Mbps - faster), also it depends on HDD speed
4. as for ProE you should create different config.pro options for big asm, there are a lot of options that could speed up working with large asm.

I can send you, or upload here, this config.pro file if you wish to try with it.

Isair,

My HDD is 20g and my graphics card is nvidia quadro2 mxr/ex.

MY pro-e is locally installed,however my files are on the server.

If you can email me that file at [email protected],it would be great.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I have send you e-mail with config.pro for large asm.

As I feared the problem probably is in network.
Your asm file are located on server, and another disks, so time for their retrieval is bigger.

I would suggest you that you work with files locally on your machine, and at end of work time, put them on server.

You have one little free software, that can easily synchronize files between your local HDD and server HDD
Here is link for this software, it is called SyncToy:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppow ertoys.mspx

Now you can try with my config.pro file, and with this method I describe, this should take care of your problem.

Another solution is to upgrade your network to 1Gbps, and upgrade your server, but this is an expensive solution.

Edited by: Isair

I think it is.
But also it depends on network configurations.
I remember when I worked in one company, they have also 100 Mbps network, and really poor network configuration, it was nightmare working on server, so I stopped doing that, and have files locally on my hard drive.

Try manually copying files from server to your machine, just from windows explorer, and you will see hove much time is needed for that.

Also it might be problem with your network configuration on your machine.

My suggestion is that you start working on your hard locally, and then synchronizes your files to server using syncTool.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back