Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF3.0 Measure Tool

Michelle

Why did the measuring tool change from WF2.0 to WF3.0? The measure tool was great in 2.0, now in 3.0 I can barely measure line to line! It's impossibe to pick a surface/axis, etc because they got rid of the selector option. I know we can use the 'pick from list' but I've found that to be useless as well.

Why change something that worked so well. It's embarassing now when I get asked to measure something and it takes 15 minutes or I can't even get it.

Will the WF2 measure tool ever come back?

I know there is a hidden config option to get back to the WF2 measure tool. I am having trouble downloading the config options pdf off of ptcs website so I cant tell you exactly what it is, but if you can download the pdf the option you want is in there.

This was recently posted on the ptc.com forum in regards to someone else having isuues measuring in WF3.

To quote from an email from PTC to the Pro/User group:

The changes that will be seen in Wildfire 3.0 are as follows:
1. We will remove the tab that allows a user to select Quick, Saved or Feature and consolidate these options within the definition tab. The definition tab will be the first tab shown when performing an analysis. The UI changes will only be done to Measure and Model analysis functions in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0. The UI changes to the Geometry functions will be implemented in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0.

2. The results section will be added to the definition tab so no tab switching is required to view the results in the dialog box.

3. Upon selection of any planar surface or plane, the

Just remember that these changes are for a future build of WF3. They are not in thecurrently available builds. The latest build is M060.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back