Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

graphic card

paul john

Hi Can anyone tell me if the 128 MB FireGL V3400 PCI Express Workstation Graphics Accelerator/Card will work ok with pro/e 2001 and wildfire 3. The card is from dell and im using a dell 8400. Many Thanks

Hi

I have a Firegl V3100 (PC Dual Core D930) and I use it with WF2. Your VGA must be stronger, but my VGA works well, too.

Not with very big asms, but for smaller asm and drawings it should be OK.

Anybody uses NVIDIA QUADRO FX540? This is the cheap version of the QUADRO series. Will it work fine with WF 030?

Hi all!
I'm now also having some problems with my Graphic card. I'm now running Pro/E WF2.0 on IBM intellistation Mpro with 3Dlabs wildcat4 graphic card. Everytime I turn view to wireframe and make a spin, the asm (about 100 parts) blinks for a few seconds and turns extremely slow. Turn on HLR, the problem be solved temporarily. But when working with surface, it's really difficult to handle in such mode
smiley11.gif

I know the problem is in my poor graphic card but wonder if anyone here can tell me which card is suitable to move on with a meaning price?
smiley2.gif

Thanx for any suggestion
Best regards

I'm new to ProE. I'm running WF3 on a new iMac (running windows of course). These machines have 2.16GHz Core2Duo and (discrete) ATI X1900 256MB graphics. So, these machines are up there near tops available on desktop as far as general system performance, however the graphics are not so much. Inotice now that my assembly is getting a bit bigger, things like rotations are slower.

Could someone give me an idea of just how large of an assembly you really want to have a pro OpenGL card for though? I mean compared to a good consumer desktop gaming card. Perhaps could someone put up a screen shot of maybe an assembly that is just small enough that you could maybe be fine with consumer card, buta pro card might still be recommendable?

Also, is the amount of memory on the card very important in CAD if you aren't doing rendering (ie don't have a bunch of textures and stuff like that storing on card memory)? How much do CAD models use up the memory of a graphics card?
Edited by: 2ms1

Hi

My XP-SP2 - Ati V3100 VGA works well with a 100-part asm(surface+solid) in wireframe and also in shade modes. I can also render with it. I can't see any problem on the TFT (Samsung 913N 1280x1024).

I could also offer some mid range VGAs: Nvidia FX 1100,1400 or 1500. We use them with large (1-1.5GB) asms and drawings also with dual screen TFT 1280x1024(PC: FSC M420, M430, M450 - XPSP2). They are OK.

PROE WF2-180.

Proper VGA driver is also important.

Spin performance is greatly affected by a setting within the View . Display Settings > Model Display > "Display while reorienting - Datums" Uncheck this and performance WILL improve.

References to graphics display performance without mentioning whether you have this setting enabled or not are meaningless.

THE "best" cards aren't always the best for Pro-E. It's more important to get a tested and supported card. Same with the drivers. the latest isn't always the one to have.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back