Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Merging 2 walls.

boydt

I am trying to make a bracket in Sheet Metal. I am making it within an assembly as I need to secure one part (a manifold) to a base part. I have made two flat walls at my bind (bolted) points. I need to join them now..... Is there a way to connect these with a wall? I started playing around with "Merge" but not sure if that will get me what I need. I will attach pics below. I am using WF3.0

The two walls I created are shown in bright green.

Thanks
Edited by: boydt

1. Do you mean you want to make this part with references at the assembly level?

If yes I would model this as a part and the convert it to sheetmetalwith the shape (sketch)below, then assemble one part with mate and insert with those 2 holes.

Then I would redefine the protrusion at assembly level and make make the sketchcoincident on the face mounted.

View attachment 3170

I don't have PRO-E at home so I can't verify this but if you make it as sheetmetal I don't know if you can redefine a flange wall to havereferences at assembly level. This is why I say I would make this as a part then convert it to sheetmetal. Because the sketch I can redefine it in assembly.

2. If you are not making this with references at assembly level then I would make this as sheetmetal. First I would make the middle part and then 2 flanged walls, again like above.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back