Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

getting dimensions automatically

vyomanath

< = defer>

hello

I am able to get drawings of parts/components automatically with views and parameter values in the title block. But I am unable to get the dimenions automatically. I can insert the dimesions use show/erase menu.Is there any drawing program/procedure to get the dimensions automatically along with views and sections?

Thanks in advance

Vyomanath

[email protected]

send it to my email ID.

[email protected]

-----

The upload file is at the right upper corner of the "POST REPLY" menu. You can learn more by keeping your cursor on the icons to know their function. You may have to zip the file before uploading.

---

hi shrini

im into pro-e drafting using wf-2 is there any solution to get dimensions automatically not for a particullar file becoz i detail a huge volume. pls help me.

thanks in advance

suresh

Vyomanath/Suresh,

I'm not 100% sure what you are looking to do here, but it looks like you are asking can you get your start part routine to also add dimensions to a drawing when you initially start the drawing. If that is what you want then I am afraid I can't really help.

But if you are left with having to do Show/Erase (which is the quickest way that I know to add dimensions to a drawing), then asolution to your problem might be to create a mapkey that does all the Show/Erase functions that you require and just use that mapkey everytime you start a new drawing.

Kev

PS You could either include or create another mapkey to do a quick 'Clean Dims' as well.

sureshdesigns said:
is there any solution to get dimensions automatically not for a particullar file becoz i detail a huge volume.
As mentioned in the earlier post, use Show/Erase. That is the easiest way ( only ensure that the constraints used for a sketch are the dimensions you would need in a drawing)

For family parts, make a drawing for the general part and then use the drawing as a template for the Family parts. This is the easiest way...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back