Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

manufacture models/prints

cncwhiz

Whats the deal with manufactures and oems in regards to models and or info to make a simple model of their product? I know the obvious "you can copy their product"? All I ask for is simple enough dimensions to fit to my assemblies? Do they not think that we can reverse engineer their product anyway? If I use McMaster Carr I can get iges and some proe models for most of the product that they sell? I am not looking for information that I can use to make their product nor are most people looking for this type of information. If I use "Grainger" I can't get any information to make a model but if I go to "Molex" for connectors that Grainger sells I can get a model to use. I would like to see this site put links to sites that provide models of any useful info to make our job better. I think that the models in "files" are cool but most of have links that we can add to the links?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back