Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Config

amd450

I would like of change something in config file but I would want that these changes appear only when I wanted, and not all time that begin the program. How I do this?

Very Thanks in Advance

Andre Almeida

create a new config file with the setting you want, save it with a new name and load these settings when you want or need them.

Chill

Sorry to butt in, but if you go to utilities and then preferences along the top toolbar, it should open the config.pro file for you. Change what you need to change and then 'save as' whatever you want to call it. Then,if your in a model you want to use it in,just go back to preferences and open it from there.

Hope this helps.

Lesley

Folks, I researched the order-of-precedence that Pro/E uses to retrive config files.

To the best of my memory, the first place Pro/E looks is in your root directory. It then looks in the bin directory. It adds the settings together as it reads all config.pro files. In the event of a conflict, the bin version prevails. However, as already described, you can use the Utility Menu to select a config.pro that is in your working directory to over ride all other config.pro files.

If you have a config.sup file, however, its settings will over ride any config.pro setttings regardless of where they reside.

Hope this helps. You may want to check the order of preference, though. I suspect it is more complicated than I described above.

Tunalover

I'm not sure what type of changes you want to make or if you want to change them on the fly or if you want diff. configs on start up.

If you want to stat Pro-E in diff ways you could try placing alternate config.pro & confg.win files in different start in directories then create alternate icons pointing to each, allowing you to select the config settings on load up.

Pro-E looks first in your root dir then the start-in directory listed under - icon / properties / shortcut

hope this helps

You can save as many config files as you want, Pro/E will load the config.sys file from your loadpoint (\bin directory) and the your own, personal config.sys from your start directory which will override settings in your loadpoint config.sys.

If you want several config options just save them under different names in any directory you want and you can retrieve them whenever. So your config.sys should contain your most commonly used settings.

Speling - you're the only sad one !!!!

You can save as many config files as you want, Pro/E will load the config.sys file from your loadpoint (\bin directory) and the your own, personal config.sys from your start directory which will override settings in your loadpoint config.sys.

Note that when you save a config.sys it gets saved to your current working directory.

If you want several config options just save them under different names in any directory you want and you can retrieve them whenever. So your config.sys should contain your most commonly used settings.

Speling - you're the only sad one !!!!

it very simply! when you change you config file ,then save it to

the application path, change the extention name to config.sup.

the smaple as below:

c:\program files\proe2001\text\config.sup

If you have any question let me know!

[email protected]

Best Regards!

Tim

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back