Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creating a standalone arrow on a drawing

kwillo

Is there a way of creating an arrow on a drawing other than by sketchingit with individual draft entities? I know I can create an arrowby placing an empty notebut I really need somethingthat is standalone and ideally modifiable (line thickness, arrow head size etc). Any ideas?

Thanks.

Create symbol (#Format, #Symbol Gallery, #Create) and load it whenever you want to show it on the drawing. This way symbol can be stored to the disk so it is re-usable.

Other option is to create draft as you already did, then create group and include all the draft for the arrow. This way the arrow will only be on the current drawing and you will have to copy it to other drawings when necessary, but as a group it will be as one entity for which you can still define different line thicknesses, sizes etc.

There is another way of doing this..

Insert-->Drawing Symbol-->From Palette

Choose the arrow symbol at the bottom ofthe (Left Hand) 'Free Attachmant Symbols For Use On Drawing' menu and insert it where you like.

Once inserted, double click to bring up the properties meny and play around with 'Grouping' tab. Personally, I prefer outlined arrows

Kev

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back