Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

which plottter ?

eddie

<DIV>

I am preparing to purchase a new plotter and would appreciate any feedback on ease of use, setup and most important, compatibility with Pro E. I will need to print color line drawings up to E (34" X 44") size. I print less than 50 drawings a month. I prefer a role feed with the option to make longer prints. This will be on a network. I am currently considering the the HP Designjet 500 and the 800. At this point I am leaning towards the 800 because of the increased memory and the network interface is built in as opposed to using a jetdirect on the 500. Whichother plottersshould I be looking at?

We now have a HP design jet 430 that is black and white only, prints D size and is not ProE friendly at all.
smiley19.gif

Let me know about your plotter experiences.

Thanks, Eddie</DIV>

Pick a plotter to which you can send Postscript direct, thats the most Pro/E friendly you can get. Then youre not depending on drivers supporting Pro/E.

Know many HP plotters only accept HPGL by default and PS is an option you have to ask for (and probably pay extra for)

Anyone here had tried FujiXerox docuwide series with Pro/E? is it good enough? any suggestion is appreciated?

Check out the Oce' brand. We recently purchased a CS2044. Prints up to 44" wide. Works great with Pro/E. Also does very impressive poster size pictures if you have the need.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back