Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

config.com

SKYBLUE

Where do I find the config.pro file and how doI enter search_path_file text.I'm trying to associate different partsin different directories intoan assembly.I'm fairly new at this and am not familar with the "config" file.

When you start Pro/E it looks for aconfig.pro file in[loadpoint]/text folder. For me it's C:/Program Files/proeWildfire2-M240/text. If it can't find one it then looks in your login directory followed by your startup directory.

Your best way to edit config.pro is from within Pro/E. Use Tools, Options. You're then looking at your config file. Use the drop down and you'll probably seeone saved and one for the current session.

The option for specifying a search path is "search_path". The value should be the folder path. You'll need one entry for every folder from which you want to retrieve parts. When you've specified them don't forget to hit apply.

There's lots of info on config.pro under the help menu within Pro/E.

Hope that helps.

Edited by: kwillo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back