Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Shrinkwrap with details

smilingfirefly

We have the need to create a shrinkwrap of a very large assembly, 1000+ parts/sub assemblies...1000 feet long... The problem is even at the max detail it will wipe out some of the small detailed parts. Basically we want an external shell that's exactly as we made it in Pro/E and just delete out the internal parts.

Now if you use information viewer in intralink 3.4 you can zoom in and see a fully detailed part that is lightweight load time wise.

we want something detailed enough to run analysis on and be able to pinpoint exact locations on. Can pro/e even do this or do we have to go to an external source.

I sometime make shrinkwrap's to show open/close positions of an assembly. And assemble the shrinkwrap on top of the original, to be able to show both in a drawing view.

I use these settings:

View attachment 3067

I first make a simp-rep only for the components that are moving not the entire assembly. Then I make the shrinkwrap using the settings above.

If a part is not added to the shrinkwrap I try with surface subset, then faceted solid.

Ifthe part is stillnot added to the shrinkwrap I make another shrinkwrap just for that part and assemble it "default" in the assembly. So I have 2 shrinkwraps in the assembly. I sometime have one or two parts that are not included.

In your case you could try all the above steps, if there are too many small parts that are not included then it will take a lot of time to make shrinkwraps to all.

As asugestion you can try making a .STEP file or another dumb file. I hope you canpreview these in intralink, I never tried.
Edited by: vlad1979

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back