Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Choosing an LCD monitor

markp

Fellow Pro/E Users:

I need to choose a relatively inexpensive LCD monitor to replace my current CRT one. I have researched this and come to the conclusion that there are few choices when it comes to finding a monitor with 1600 x 1200 resolution, <16 ms response time, 20" screen (not widescreen) for under $300. The only monitor I found that fits these parameters is the Planar PL2010. I have never heard of this company so I would like to know if anyone has any experience with their products and your opinion of them.

I would also like any feedback on any other monitors that are close to the $300 range that any of you have used.

I use Wildfire 2.0, ATI Fire GL X1 card, Dell Precision 650.

Thanks!

markp,

I have an Acer AL1916F 19" LCD that the company paid about $215 for. It has a 2ms responce time which leaves very little ghost as you spin parts and assemblies. The other workstation I use has an 8ms responce time and that one leaves a noticable ghost. This one isn't a 20" but I am satisfied with it.

Tom

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back