Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

M030 & M050 Crashes Loading Assy

Canners

Hi,

I have installed Wildfire 3.0 M050 build plus I have also experienced the same problem below with the M03 build( upgraded thinking it might have cured it !!)

I desperately need a fix for this problem I outline.

I have created an assembly of a rack system with an excess of 500 parts in it. Many of the parts are duplicates of parts already used within the assembly, in total there are probably a maximum of 100 unique parts.

The filesize of the *.asm is only about 350k, Its using up over 2Gb of Ram before it crashes. (I have 2GB ram and 3070MB virtual memory available) So I dont think its a memory problem.....

Simply it gets to a point of saying its regenerating upon load but then crashes before it actually does ?
Edited by: Canners

Use the task manager and monitor the system as it loads the file.

mem usage column will show how much memory is being consummed by xtop.exe, the Pro/E executable.Xtop.exe will abort if mem usage exceeds 1.4GB. The actual number varies, but it is near that number.

Just a sugestion: try loading a previous version of your assembly. If you work with Intralink make a new workspace and checkout a previous version there.

If you don't work with intralink see on your hard drive if you have some previous versions of your assembly, unless you made a purge in your working directory.

Windows 32bit systems will not handle memory above 1.7 or 1.8 used. That was what forced me to go with a 64bit windows system for working with larger assemblies.

Tom

It does not seem to be a memory issue xtop only up to 600k.

Well heres the fix which was applied and which has worked successfully.

1. Created a new empty dir on PC.

2. Made the new empty dir the startup dir.

3. Make a backup of the entire Assy to that dir.

4. Restart Pro with new startup dir (everythig is missing now so in default mode.)

5. Assemble another part and save the assy again.

6. Copy the assy file to the previous working location ( watch out for revision numbers....)

7. Change startup dir back to normal startup location (which will get your personal company settings if you have them).

8. Startup Pro again from the normal startup dir and open file...

It opened without problem
smiley5.gif
Therefore - Itsuggests that there was a problem with the config.pro, but it is impossible to find what the problem with the file was :(

Thanks for your inputs

We had a similar issue, but the cause and fix was different. Thought I'd share if someone else have this problem.

An assembly could not open in wf3, it opened some of the components but then stopped and session hanged.In the assembly wasone (1) sheetmetal part that had an incorrect relation for thickness. We fixed the relation in wf2 (as it could open there) and then it opened nicely in wf3 as well.

So, if you use sheetmetal parts, make sure you look out for incorrect relations. This was also reported as a bug to PTC.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back