Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mouse-Problems with 1920x1200 resolution

Driehaus

Pro/Gurus,

my problem is a jiggle by picking entities in 3D, sketcher and drawing.
Moving the pointer over the entity and click ProE is not that sure with selecting like in 1280x1024 resolution.
I thought, that it is caused from Logitech SetPoint 3.1.116 - 64bit driver (elder versions too). In another forum somebody mentioned, that it is caused from resolution. I can only confirm, that it started with new OS (XP64bit SP1) and monitor (HPLP2465 24" 1920x1200). The same Logitech SetPoint-driver with XPPro 32bit and 1280x1024 resolution had not had this issue.

Can anyone out there confirm this problem, is this caused from the mouse (Logitech???) or from the resolution?

I'm on WF2 M220, is there hope to get rid the "Parkinson" with M230 or M240? Are there any issues with M230 or M240 vs. M220?

Regards Uwe

I've heard more complaints on drivers for 64-bit OS. I would say that 64-bit is the culprit and not the resolution. I'm running 1600x1200 for years now (32-bit on 64-bit hardware) without a single issue in whatever program.

The only valid reason to switch to 64-bit OS now is to get access to more memory. Advantages in speed (on same hardware) can only be marginal while the negative effects are real. 64-Bit computing may be mature, 64-bit OS and drivers certainly are not.

Alex

I second that it is a 64 bit driver issue. I have been running 1920x1200 on a 24" screen since 1998. I'm on my 3rd PC with the same monitor and never had a problem with mouse picks.

Maybe, that it is 64bit only, but it seems to be Pro/E.
I got another tip to install WF2 M240, did it and the try looks good. I hope there are no other major issues with M240 that I have to reinstall.

It sounds like a brother of the Logitech issue from M120 to M210, there you couldn't double click a dimension to edit. This one was solved with M220.

Regards Uwe

This problem seems to be related to the window size in vertical px count.

Try shrinking the size of the window, when it gets down to somewhere between 900 and 800 the prehighlighting problems go away.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back