Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mold Splitting Problems

Peat

Wildfire 2.0 Educational Edition, Manufacturing Module

Hi Guys,

Im currently working on a 4-peice mold for a valve body component. I have split the mold into 2 peices, then into 3, now i want to split my middle peice into 2 thus making a 4-peice mold. However, i get an error: The process 'Trimming workpiece with reference parts' starts and then the error comes up saying 'Cannot intersect with reference parts'.

I have been stuck like this for 2 days now, i have rebuilt it several times and it still comes up with the same problem...

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Cheers

Peat

I had a scout around the rest of the forum after posting and saw a thread simular to this.

I exported and re-imported my model as a .STEP file and did the mold volumes again and hey presto! IT WORKS!

Hi peat,
I belive that when you can split two, you also can split next one also. I need to understand how you have initiated at first..!!

or else if you could send attachment try to help u out.

Anil.

The problem is quite complicated, sometime just no reason, maybe it is the software defect... so on
Try the following
1:Adjust the accuracy.
2:build the parting surface in production model, then bring it into manufacture model.This always help as for my experience.
3:Try it in Assemble model then use quilt cut, maybe help.

Hope this help and not too late.
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back