Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

pro e crashing

VSCID

i am using 2001. When i am work on large assemblies and panning or zooming them,my proe crashes. I have noticed this also when 5 or more pro-e files are open in my memory at the same time.

Is this a hardware prob,?

I have 2.2 gig processor and 1 gig ram.

Please help!
smiley19.gif

I have the same problem with constant crashes during zooming. I have a supported graphics card - an NVIDIA Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI. The driver I have appears to be newer than the one listed on the PTC website, but it doesn't seem like a newer one could be a problem.

I read in another thread that a switch to another pointing device solved the problem, but that doesn't seem possible. And I know that I need to know more about efficient assemblies, but would also like identify any other issues that may cause this.

JamesM said:
I have the same problem with constant crashes during zooming. I have a supported graphics card - an NVIDIA Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI. The driver I have appears to be newer than the one listed on the PTC website, but it doesn't seem like a newer one could be a problem.

Newer is NOT necessarily better! I am using 8.4.2.6 with no crashing problems.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back