Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

problem with video device driver

tommypurple2

Option 1: Install the most current device driver for your video card

option 2: Manually decrease Hardware Accelerationfor your video adapter

I will be running Pro_E WF 2.0and my box will completely lock up. I have to hard boot it, which isn't a good way to shut down my computer, but it is the only choice I have. When I get the box up and running again and send a report to Windows I get the two options above as fixes for my problem. I have tried both. There doesnt seem to be a more updated device driver and the hardware acceleration seems to slow things down. It slows thing down so much that it is painful to drive.

I have windows XP on a Dell Precision 370. I have a 2.8Ghz P4, 2gb ddr2.. The video card I am using is a ATI FireGL V3100...

I was wondering if anybody else has this problem or if anyone has a good solution for this problem. The later would be best... Thanks for your time..........

Bhah Bhah Bhah.......

Nevermind. That was me beening completely out of my mind. I found an updated driver just released on Dec 27th 2006..... oops my bad..

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back