Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

merge geomerty

spiritualer

hi to all

I am new to the forum and to the pro mold

after i do all the splitting of the core and cavity ,i got this volumes now these volumes if opened are shown as merge geomerty , how to get the 2d drawing of them

what i mean to say is that how to get adetailed drawing of the volumes

also can anyone send some models for praticing mold design on my e mail ID [email protected]

thanks

Surinder

LHuffman said:
You need to extract the volume to get a mold component.

Sir,

I think i was unable to ask the questionin correct manner.

by extracting i meant that i have completed the core /cavity , did all the draft checks etc and mold opening also .,but as i cant retrive the moldbase ,i just need the detailed 2D drawing of the mold components(core/cavities).

if i right click on the mold volume and open it in proe the model tree shows merge geomerty. and if i take it into drawing there is no dimensions ,no datum etc.

How to get all this in proe drawing of them?

thanks

You will have to manually dimension the component. You can't just "show dimensions" and "clean-up" as you would a part that was modeled in ProE.

One thing more is there any way to make your own moldbase library as the proe which i m using on my pc, showsthe message "can't retrieve mold base" when i select a moldbase in it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back