Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creating Forms from bent geometry

Brieldo

This is my first post. Just like to say it's nice to be a part of the learning and collaboration here.

I have a sheet metal part I designed in its bent geometry and I now need to make the forms so it can be pressed in its flat form, facilitating the bent geometry. I've tried the punch/die creation within Pro/E WF 3.0 but it's always giving me errors about the base plane being invalid. Is there a better/easier way to create the forms for this kind of a project?

Can't you just use unbend? insert/ bend operation/ unbend

Do you have a picture of your model to see how it looks like?

If you have 3D deformation - meaning forms outside of the normal bending possibilities - then you preferably do this inside sheetmetal functionality and not by trying to convert a final part into sheetmetal. So die and punch are your tools.

The error message that you get sounds familiar and I think you can solve it by not using the base plane of the punch as a reference to indicate the travel it makes.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back