Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

What happened to REPEAT

Tesla77

Why did they take away the REPEAT command in assembly? What are we supposed to use now? I know about interface but you now have to right click and use new location each time. Is there a better way to assemble just like repeat used to do?

I think it would have been nice to include it in the right click pop up menu after you select the component....but that's just me.

Lazar said:
I think it would have been nice to include it in the right click pop up menu after you select the component....but that's just me.

+1 there!

Problems is they don't have anyone working at PTC who actually creates models and drawing in the real world! Just a bunch of programmers that like to change things for the sake of changing them. Or my favorite implement a new option but never go back to fix it...ie ref balloons and flexible parts.

I agree, it should be included in the rtclick pop up menu - they have "replace" there but not repeat?

Mark,

There's no way that PTC will do something like release a versioncalled Wildfire 10. They've learned their lesson from previous mistakes (PR mistakes that is). What they'll do is at about WF5 maybe 6, they'll have a big day out for the top brass and announce the their latest(and I assume greatest, beats everything on the planet, better than sliced bread, blah, blah, blah...) product called some new name that impresses nobody (actually just thought of a great new thread, go to rant 'n rave for a look) has hit the shelves.

Problem solved

Kev

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back