Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

wing fold w/slot follower

nathan34

Hello,
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
I am having problems getting this mechanism to work the way I want it to. I really hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

If you open up the assembly I have attached and use the front view to orient it you can see this simple model of a wing folding. (It is designed in WF2) The main assembly is named slot-assy. I would like my model to work like this: When unfolded the tubes will be parallel with each other and the end of the cylinder setting somewhere close to the bottom of the slot. As the 30

I have studied your problem in detail. Yes what you want can be done in mechanism First you need to have MDO license. I give you hints on how to do it.

Use slot follower connection for the jack male to slide in the slot, create a motor to do this action in a time domain. Then create another motor to lift the wing....

I have done in WF 3.0 M050 if you need I can send itto you.

Israr

Israr,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Thanks for you reply. I was able to fold the wing with two motors. Like you had suggested.

What is the purpose of gravity if you cannot get it to apply a force to make an assembly fold like real life?

Q. What is the purpose of gravity if you cannot get it to apply a force to make an assembly fold like real life?

ptc is working hard on that but you knowMDO is a child in this field. SIMPACK and ADAMS can do what you want.

With some tricks even MDO can do real life problems especially in Wildfire 3.0

I will send you one later when I will find time.

Israr

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back