Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

tying part relations to part parameters

Tesla77

I want my BOMto read ejector pin length after I modify the pin length in assy. What do I need to write for my relations so the parameters change. My question is that:Is there a way to make ProE part parameters change with the modification of the part so my BOM updates it's size?

Analysis Feats require BMX, don't they? I don't believe that's desired or necessary but Tesla needs to state more clearly what is driving the part. My guess is a simple part param = dXX and then including the param in repeat region. If a part feature is driven by the assembly (no dim to reference at part level) try a Datum Evaluate Feature (or evenref dim or annotation driven dim?)which will be available without BMX.
Edited by: jeff4136

I would like to tie the part length parameter to a relation so the BOM table will update with the part length change. I would also like to tie the part number to a relation so when the part length changes the part number also changes. This is a huge problem in setting up the BOM table to read ejector pins, core pins due to the length gets modified when you create a mold design. If anyone has a good way of tying the BOM table to part parameters and relations please let me know.
Edited by: Tesla77

I suppose I'm missing something ...

[param] part_len = relation left side symbol

[repeat region] &asm.mbr.part_len (or something along those lines)

I suppose part numbers could also be done with some string conversion and concatenation.

Maybe if you'd post an example data set and wishes you can talk someone into setting it up for you.

View attachment 2928

In one column assign report param: asm.mbr.param.value
Also add a filter by rule: &asm.mbr.param.name==length
assuming "length" is the name of your paramter that drives the length of your pins.
(Otherwise values for all your other params will be shown as well)
Edited by: ankarl

it is directly available in the ejector pins itself under trimmed_length parameter, you must use the standard ejector pin interface and "trim to geom" with ref.part then, you have this feature in built, i am using them in my BOM directly.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back