Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bend Tables and Default

Marv

Hey Guys,

I have two questions for you: 1. Can I set a particular bend table within pro/e as my default whenever doing sheet metal? 2. I thought there were three default pro/e bend tables and for some reason I only have one and two.

Thanks...btw WF2.0 M210

what do you mean by bend tables?

You can create let's say an L shapein sheetmetal save the part as template_L.prt and when you create a new sheetmetal part and want to start from an L shape you make a duplicate (intralink) or a save_as in pro-e for template_L.prt

BEND TABLES contain factors that are used to calculate the blank size. These factors vary according to the material used,radius of bend and angle of bend.

There are three types of bend tables viz. table_1, 2 &3. Each table is provided by PTC with the data taken from machinery's handbook.

To view the tables (in sheet metal mode)... Edit > setup >bend allow >bend table >set >from file (select table 1 or 2 or 3) depending on the material used.

To begin with assign any one of them. To view what it contains...

bend table > show > (select the table you have just assigned)

FOR MORE INFORMATION REF. HELP. SURPRISINGLY SHEET METAL HELP GIVES AN INSIGHT INTO THEORY TOO.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back