Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/CABLE redifine functions

design-engine

What is the best way to continue a Pro/CABLE cable when you terminate the creation. For example... I started to route a conductor then hit to many done options. And I am left with a partial conductor hanging in the air. Now I want to continue It apears I can not continue. I can move or add internal points to the spline but how to I add to the end point. Hummm...... I got more good questions and I can start to answer some of the questions now too.

Bart

If it is conductor of a cable select Route > Conductors > Select > Pick the conductor in questions > Done Select > Location > Pick the last location point > Then route to your heart is content

If is a wire Route> Select > Pick the wire in questions > Done Select > Location > Pick the last location point > Then route to your heart ins content

Jim

Got it. That routed systems designer looks like a time savings. got to wrap my head around that next. Jimsmith: do you use network wire first when laying out a harness? And do you do anything fancy for your connectors when you download them off say... amp.com before you route with them?

If you are going to link to RSD then(depending on your application) I would use a network. You can then use autoroute and connect up very quickly, and you always have an option to delete all the wires, refine the netowrk then route all the wires again. The only thing I would do with all the connectors is ensure that there is a single CYS

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back