Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

bending line position determination

lily

Hi cad users,

I know that creating sheetmetal from flat sheet is not a good approached.

However, sometimes , we may need to do so esp. for existing parts

which are already in production.

However, i am having problem of determining the bending line position in order to

create the correct bended part. If i set the K-factor to 0.5, is that means that the bending line should always be position in the middle of the bending area?

Anybody expert in this? Can share the tips with me?

Hi Lily,

I also work in sheet metal design in HVAC industry. Let me come to ur point,

Say if u have a L-shaped part 25 vert n 25 hor. and sheet metal thickness is 1 mmso the developed size of this part is (25+25-(2*sheetthickness)), so it comes to 48 n if u devide 48/2 it is 24.

consider the second case with same 1 mm thickness and L-shaped part 30 vert n 20 hor. and the developed size is (30+20-(2*sheetthickness)), so again it is 48. now u have to decide from which side u want to mark the bending line. say from 30, then it would b (30-thickness)=29.

NOTE: This is an emperical relation.this method is not 100% accurate. but it satisfies nearly 80% to 90% of the need.if you want detailed n accurate method pls gimme ur e-mail id i'll send u the info.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back