Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

rounds and points

Leonello

I'm working with wildfire (M210). theseare my questions:

I've realised a surface model of a shell filter. The shape of the model is oval. The corner of the shell are rounded. When I rotate the model and watch its profile by side, I see the silhouette of the round that seems to be "carved". If I look the model, in the same position but using the wireframe view, the round seems to be perfect, and if I make a surface analysis of the round it seems to be perfect, too. My question is if it's only a problem of visualization or not. Since I have to use the model for a fluidynamic simulation I would like to be sure that the model is perfect.

My second question is: when i realize a point like intersection of a plane and the corner of the curved surface of the shell filter, the point seems to be right on the corner, but if I zoom on it, it looks like near the corner but not upon it. If I measure the distance from the corner and the point, it is zero. Is this also a problem of visualization? if not, what can I do?

I attach an image where these cases are shown.

Thank you very much, in advance,for your attention

LeonelloView attachment 2775

Hi Leonello,

It because of your gemoetry have slight problem in corner (as ur fighure) try this ,

go to model tree and click the import feature ( i think it is imported geometry)right click - edit definision - go on topside of your window, Geometry-Heal gemetry-Manual-edit boundary-set contour then edit .

thanks

sreeni

The geometry is not imported, I made the model....

Do I have to change any parameter (tolerance or anything else) inside the config-Pro?

regards,

Leonello.

I would increase resolution of the graphics (View ->
Display Settings -> Model Display) and model tolerance
(Edit -> Setup -> Accuracy). I would use an Absolute
tolerance value (typically .01 mm or equiv) but that's up
to you.

I'd also (copy and?) extend the base surfaces, create the
round on them then trim back to original plane so the round
surface doesn't end up with the little sliver on the end.
(May not be important to you.)

Edited by: jeff4136

Round objects in video graphics are never round but polygons. Typically a circle is drawn as 16-sided, 32-, 64- ... or something alike. This is very good for small rounds but becomes problematic for large rounds, particularly when you zoom in. This is probably the only problem you're having.

Alex

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back