Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

draft-checking -confusing

HI,

Check the imported geom (I think it is an stl data)you are using as the analysis looks odd to me.make sure that you are not using stl data as it may lead to the wrong results since it is a triangulated model.Also in Draft angle select both sides to get a better analysis result.

Regards,

Deepak Bhat

Hi,

I understand that the model is a solid but it is in stl format, that is the reason behind the triangle shaped colors in the draft analysis.You may have to convert it into a smooth surface(not triangulated) and then run the draft analysis.

just see your first pic.in the draft angle select the both sides(button with two arrows). to get the better result.

Regards,

Deepak Bhat

Hi,

I STILL THINK YOU ARE USING STL DATA.Ok lets put it this way, I hope you are importing the model(that is the model is not a proe native model), Right??.if yes then what is the extension of the imported model? is it .stl.if yes you are not supposed to do the draft check on that model as the surface will not be smooth(it will be a triangulated model, to check that select the model you will see al lot of triangles).

Hope it will answer your question.if not try to upload the model we will try to pull you outof this problem.

Regards,

Deepak Bhat

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back