Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF3 M030 Upgrade from WF2

Canners

We have just upgraded from WF2 to WF3 M030 and were told that files would be interchangeable between older and newer versions.

Well there not, My Norwegian office made some changes to washers etc used in an assembly which i tried to open and guess what - all the parts opened that had not been touched by WF3 the washers just modified with WF3 did not open "Created with newer version of ProE" was the message.

It forced me to upgrade to WF3.... So beware you all !!

Nothing new with that. There is NO parametric CAD system that allolws an older version to directly open files saved in a newer version.

PTC WF2 can open WF3 files, BUT you have to open them through the ATB and they are not parametric in WF2.

Hi canners:

Don't mean to change subjects, but how wf3 m030 is workiing for you? Is it stable and with less bugs than wf3 f000? Please give us some input.

Thank you. pls keep me posted

smiley2.gif

hi all

Beware the company that I am currently working for has recently gone to M040Currently four designers are using it and we get so many crashes that we are loosing 25% of our design output.

The worst thing is that after a crash some models cannot be retrieved! - they get corrupted.

We are also running winchill and crashes can affect windchill as sometimes a whole workspace on windchill can get corrupted, once Ilost a weeks work!

Beaware also that after a crash all of the models and assemblies etc can appear fine , they open and you can work on them. Then you come to upload them to windchill and they wont upload. You look in the event viewer on windchill to find out why and the computer crashes!

Finally beware after a crash, open any drawings, assembliesor models that you had in session and check them all - one guy had an assembly and some parts open, his machine crashed, he opened the assembly and all seamed fine. he loaded it to the server via winchill. Later guy anotherpulled one of the parts from theserver into his workspace, when he tried to open the part it came up part cannot be retreived! - a corrupt part was on the server! - it got there from the assembly uplaod - it took PTC a week to get it of the server.

PTC have been very poor in responding to our plight! We are now getting a little p***ed of by the situation !! please beware of upgrading,I have been told thatPTC have 70+ bugs/problems with M040

WF3 M030 - So far has worked fine, not experienced any crashes yet - seems pretty stable.

Quite impressed with it actually, it has some good features, although I find the Analysis measurement tool a pain sometimes. But on the whole it seems reliable... stay on M030 till 040 bugs are fixed.

Edited by: Canners

raw2448,

By the way who are you? From your pofile you seem to be not authorized users

If you are really a ptc authorized user then fill in your profile or simply stop defaming ProE.

Israr

israr

What do you mean by 'not an authorised user'?

Myemployer is an authorised Proe user, it runs properly licenced commercial proengineer software!

I am not defaming ptc or proe i am simply telling the truth about problems encountered with a cut of the software. Problems that my employers have registered with PTC.

I have not completed my profile as I am new to this forum, but i will try to take time to do it today - I have looked at your profile, it does not prove that you are an authorised user of a commercial cut of the software!

There is nothing on this board that says only authorized users of PTC products can post.

Israr, your post to raw2448 was out of line.

looslib,

Actually in the past some Solidworks people tried to defame ProE which is not good using this forum.

raw2448,

Sorry if you are hurt.

Israr

hi thanks for your support looslib

Israr's comments do not hurt me, and i thank Israr for being professional enough to appologise publically.

As I explained to Israr the company that I work for is currently working in the defense field so I cannot name them for security reasons, however I can assure all concerned that they are using properly licenced software, and are having the problems I wrote about.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back