Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How good is WF3 M040?

dr_gallup

Just got this build installed and I will be doing my own testing. We are using WF2 M220 at the moment. According to the PTC update advisor there are 366 resolved issues and 65 new issues between the two builds. Most of the new issues don't sound like they will affect us.

I would like anyone elses comments on stability and bugs.

I have been using M040 for a week now and looks OK

I had issues with sheetmetal flange regeneration & Tiff file sizes.Both issues seem to be resolved.

What new issues are you having problems with ?

AndrewC

WF 3.0 M030 was full of bugs.
smiley11.gif
Hope that M040 is there something better!

ndk said:
WF 3.0 M030 was full of bugs.
smiley11.gif
Hope that M040 is there something better!

Please give a few examples. We're going to do our upgrade from WF2 to WF3 shortly and are interesting to hear about experiences.
In another thread about M030 it seemed that M030 was a stable release.

Magnus

We has used WF3.0 M030for just2 weeksand so 2 times does system halted for an unclear reason. We have to restart the machine and lost unsaved data. hope it`s better in M040.

One problem I have noticed in M030 is sometimes when you click on
something in a drawing, Pro/E just closes for no reason. Here is
the error:

"Exception - code was -1073741819."

I have not been able to find out why, but it seems to be related to clicking on things in the drawing.

Jim

Hi

Recently we upgraded to wildefire 3(m040) from wildfire2. Since then we are having some issues. Firstly Wildfire 3 crashes a lot. Half of the times i try saving something, it crashes without saving. Also if we try to change units, it crashes. Couple of days back we got new issue.

Also it does not saves DXF files as such in intralink. MAnually giving the path allows to save the dxf file.

There are certain part files which we are not able to check back in to commonspace (intralink3.4). it gives Toolkit error -1. I did checked about it and all i came up was tht "-1" was code for general error. Does anyone know about this issue and hopefully a cure for it.

I just figured out that its the part with family tables that are giving this problem. Other parts and new family tables could be checkedin but not old family table parts.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back