Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bulding a part without the GUI

devouring

Dear All,

I have already asked in another post - but no one gave me a suitable solution - > I need to build a 3d model without using the GUI inside pro/e.

Why? you might ask... I have a project which requires this. As I said in my previous post, I have been succesful in Mechanical Desktop - since it is very easy to use script files in an*.scr file and load it to build the model.But did not manage in pro/e - till now.

I also tried to convert the file from mechanical desktop to pro/e using the step format (and other formats), but this makes the history tree lost! And we need that!

Hope anyone can help me here,

Franklin

This isn't possible. About the only way of creating a part without the Pro E UI is via text files, which are merely a recording of a user's picks and clicks and mouse movements while inside of Pro E. You can't turn a Desktop script file into a Pro E trail file.

Using any format like IGES, STEP, Neutral, etc., will lose the parametric feature-based information since those are geometry translators.

What type of model are you trying to build?

Are you trying to model various sizes of a certain design, like doors, etc?

You can create trail files and then edit them for your various sizes, then play them back to build a configuration. Most of the times, these automation projects rely on mapkeys to run specific trail files or they use j-link to read a text file to modify parameters of a base part.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back