Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mechanism

yuvi

smiley17.gif

dear sir.

i have facing some problem about timingearand timing belt joint.

there are two gears one is driver and another is driven i want joint this by timming belt what to do?

ples guide me,

thanks

smiley32.gif
yuvi

Dear Yuvaraj,

There are two aspects. do you want to design a timing belt...?

OR

You want to design a MECHANISM...?

The two are different, in the sense that to design / define a mechanism, you do not need to model a timing belt.

The motion can be defined as a gear joint with the direction of axis of rotation being the same.

On the other hand if you do want to model a timing belt, look up the modeling of link chain at ptc.com

Hi Friends,

I am also facing similar problem, I have got 2 roller. Moter is connected to front roller. I want rotate onther roller by using BELTS. can you please tell me how I have to proceed that.

I am trying that thing from since one week. if you help me out you will be appriciated.

Regards

Gopal Kulkarni

FIRST:

BOTH THE ROLLERS SHOULD HAVE SINGLE DEGREE OF FREEDOM. WHILE ASSEMBLING REMOVE THE TICK MARK WHICH ASSUMES THE CONSTRAINT.

TO CHECK WHETHER YOU HAVE DONE IT CORRECTLY, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ROTATE THE ROLLER.

SECONDLY DEFINE A "GEAR" CONNECTION, WITH THE DIRECTION OF AXIS IN THE SAME DIRECTION.

WHEN TIME PERMITS I SHALL UPLOAD A FILE FOR YOU.

Hi srinivasan

I did it I am facing problem in CAM & Follower connections.

I tryed a lot but still facing problem. I will do one thing I will send you that file have look at that and suggest me the changes to make in that

regards

Gopal Kulkarni

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back