Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

bending in two directions

thanks, but that's not what I need. I allready done that, next I wanna bend just one part of bended ring. Doing that I must not have cutout on edge of ring. So I need that bended part should have smooth transition to the next bend. I allready tried bending but it keeps asking me for plane, which I don't have cause it is radial edge.

I'm waiting :)

I can make cutouts from ring and make model from another extrusion, but I want to know how is bending done because it is very simple to do it in the production. Just press the ring on the shaped die and there you have it.
If you wanna what I'm modelling.. it is ring (rim) on the drum, and the part that is confusing is the one where bolt comes in.

thanks for understanding

p.s. Sorry if my grammar sucks :))

To solve problems like this, I think about the manufacturing process. In this case, they'll probably build a tool to punch the feature. So, when all else fails, you might try a form feature. It should be easier to build a solid model of the feature and then push it into the flange.

<tg>

hi guys,

i am a beginner in pro/e, i have doubts about the swept blend and variable section sweep option. so anyboby will give me an effective tutorial about these topics?

I already tried punch feature but it keeps asking me for a plane which i don't have because part I'm punching it's round.

I would probably create a point on the surface of the ring and coincident witha make-datumplane that is through the center axis of the ring and at an angle to a default datum. Use this angular dimension for patterning.

If needed, you canput an axis normal to the surface and through the point. Or create a plane through the point and tangent to the surface. There are really lots of options and it just depends on the orientation you are needing for your form part.

Good luck,

<tg>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back