Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

strange display problemb

jddevinn

First of im running on a ibm t42 labtop, it only has a ati mobility 7500 not the best expecially for this, but i did have the same version of proE with the same drivers and it worked fine (did slow down with larger assembleys) however my wife got a virus on my computer and i had to format it :(
Now sometimes when proE opens an internal window part of the background apear over top of it or random black spots apear on screen ( new part assimbly..so on window doesn't cause problembs nor does the damon plane selector for sketch, but any refrences window inside of sketcher has problembs....havnt got into the program much to see what other windows causes problembs)
whenever i move my mouse over buttons that have black over them they come back...(2nd pic)
View attachment 2712
View attachment 2713

i also have to redraw after closing the window to bring the rest of sketcher (or whatever else was back there when it messed up back)
-going into the advanced tab of my graphics card ican knock grahics acceleration down about half way (gets rid of directdraw and direct 3d) and the program will work fine (but REALLY REALLY slow)
-however disabling both of those in my directx panel does nothing
-i have aloso played with the chaning the opengl setting in proe and it does nothing

THANk you for anyone that can offer saggestions

try set thid in your config.pro

graphic win32_gdi

not sure it will solve, but for ATI card narmally it help
smiley1.gif

im not shure exactly what you mean by changing in the conifg.pro file.... i tried changing the value in ProE under tools>options>graphics. that did nothing, im not shure if its the same thing tho......

Hey jddevinn,

I think what we are witnessing here is an extreme case of not using an "unsupported" graphics card within ProE. The only ATi cards that are "supported" are the FireGL series. The MOBILITY 7500 is a Radeon card. PTC no longer supports Radeon cards in the ProE WF releases. Many people in this forum have had little success with these cards.

Sorry for the bad news.

See this link for more information on supported video cards:
http://www.ptc.com/partners/hardware/current/support/proewf2.htm
[url]http://www.ptc.com/partners/hardware/current/support/proewf2 .htm#graphics_information[/url]

Edited by: acook

acook is right. Radeon cards are not the certified graphic card in MCAD
software but there are a lof of people who can manage to use it to run
Pro/E.

Yes, jddevinn. The setting I refered is the Tools> options, graphic

set the value to win32_gdi

You need to save the config.pro file, close and relaunch your Pro/E to take effect.

I can't gurantee it solve your problem, but a lot of my friends feels the graphic performance improve after the setting

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back