Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Having problems running Pro -E

cad fool

I am trying to run the Pro-E tryout edition on my PC, it is new it has no viruses. It is a 3.2 Ghz Celeron chip with 512 MB of RAM. I would think I would have enough horse power to run the software but it runs very chopy. Sometimes the whole drawing area/ model is not visble or there will be a black spot where a dilog box was after it is closed. I have a 128 ATI Video card in the machine now but obviously that is not enough. Can anyone help me with this. Do I need more RAM? a bigger VC? Any suggestions?

What ATI card do you have? Only the Fire series are supportted. Some of the higher Radeons will work, I have a Radeon 9800Pro at home.

1GB of ram is recommended.

Hey cad fool,

I would also recommend (if at all possible) using another CPU besides the Intel Celeron. These chips are meant to be used on low-intensity appplications, as they are "budget" chips. Although the Celeron should run ProE fine, there will be some performance drops when compared to a Pentium IV or a Xeon class processor.

I do not see anything in the PTC knowledge base concerning problems with the Intel Celeron chip, but it still may cuase you trouble if you plan on using very large assemblies or running complicated analyses with ProM.

Also, I strongly agree with looslib, at least 1 GB of RAM is recommended by PTC (from the PTC support staff). Personally, I would shoot for 2GB if your assemblies get moderately complicated (50-100+ parts).

Hope this helps.

I think the problem is onyour ATI AGP card. Pro/E WF 2.0 (and also WF3.0) has illed peformances onATI Radeon 9 series.

Mylaptop (withRadeon 9700 MobileAGP) was halted every time I spin the model.No problem occurswith Pro 2001 or other 3D CAD software
smiley19.gif

I think Celeron 3.2GHz is good enough for small works. 1GB RAM is recommended (as PTC guys tell us)

NDK

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back