Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

picking entities with mouse, selecting

mthelen

I've searched for everything on this site but I only found one post that refered to the problem I'm having.(Wildfire 2)It's where you have to click 5 or 6 times to pick something. It highlights, you click, it unhighlights. Repeat 5 or 6 times.

I never had the problem with Wildfire 1 but now I have it almost constantly in 2. It's not a matter of selection filter or anything because I'll pick 'Geometry' then go to pick an edge, it highlights, I click it, it un-highlights. The only way I've been able to make things happen is by hovering over it,it highlights,then right clicking to cycle through all the possibilities until it re-highlights my original line or surface. In Drawing mode it's the same thing with picking dimensions.

If I turn off preselection highlighting it gets A LOT better but still not perfect.

Hello,

I'm not sure whether this can help.. but just sharing with you.

I was facing about the same problem, not exactly the same, but just very difficult to do selection.

My problem is the mouse / mouse setting. I set my mouse pointer speed
to the fastest + I've a very sensitive mouse. When I perform the selection
(click), it happended that the mouse accidently move a bit.

My solution:

1. My mouse is too sensitive. When I plug another mouse to my PC. It works fine.

2. Mouse pointer speed set back to slower.

Hopes this can help.
smiley2.gif

Edited by: proengineertips

I have the same problem mainly when selecting dimensions. I have a theory that it has something to do with the wheel on the mouse being rolled when it is depressed. I can normally resolve the problem by exiting Pro and then getting back in. The other thing that works is to select the item one time then move the mouse away and come back and then it will select like normal.
smiley5.gif

The problem seems to be a lot better in WF3. Not gone but not noticable.
Edited by: MetalMan

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back