Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Routing Shielded Cable

sahilbangar

Hello All,

I have imported an xml, In RSD i have 2 connectors connected by 10 single shilded cables, with shield connected to the backshell port(on conn).

In Pro.E/cabling, when i try to route cable from the same connector(defined in RSD), and say autoroute it fails and error says "insufficient entry port information".I also assembled the backshell on to the connector.

I think its because of the shielded wire, as i dont see any error if i do autorouting to a single wire.

Can anyone suggest me a remedy? Do i need to add any more information to the connector?

I reckon i am able to clarify my issue

Regards,SB

A couple questions:

Do your ports in the blocks inRSD have a property for "entry_port" that is the same name as the coordinate system in the Pro/Engineer connector partthat you are trying to route the cable into?

And in Pro/Cabling, do you have a network defined that the cables can be routed along from one connector to the other?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back