Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

MEASURMENT PROBLEM(life surviving matter)

fisa

View attachment 2641

hello my name is asif

View attachment 2642

i have a problem about measueing of different irregular shapes componants.i am using pro_engineer from last 1 year but still i am feelling that i have nothing about pro_engineer .actually my problem is that i want to make a this glasses or computer mouse or any automotive part .but how can i measure that parts the part is in my hand but i dont know how do i measure it??another thing that i can not afford 3d scanner.some people say we are using (height gauge ,surface plate,different callipers,)i know only one thing that they are using height gauge for collecting the points in X,Y,z direction then then with the help of pro_engineer they use x,y,z, direction data for makes the diffrnent 3d lines and then surface and solid a nd comlete the part.can any one tell me how i can use height gauge for collecting points from part for this learning purpose i spend my one month salary in that instruments.but still i am handi .can any one tell me .or any refereence book or website .please this is my life surviving matter.

Edited by: fisa

Hi,

There is lots of science involved in designing glasses, mouse etc.here biometric(hope the term is right) comes into picture.Abt height gauges etc I would not suggest you to use it as u are trying to capture some complex surfaces and each curve and surface is having a logic behind it.

coming to the scanner, you dont have to have one, you can give it to people who has it and it will hardly cost you anything to get these things scanned.

so please forget all options except scanning(if you are trying to do reverse engineering).

Regards,

Deepak Bhat

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back