Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cut in assembly?

fishman

<DIV>Hi all,</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I want to make some Iges files of different sections of an assembly. Making simflied reps doesn't work, because I want to have clean cuts of the components. I've tried to make the sections (quick and dirty)by putting a cut in the assembly, and making an Iges file. The problem is that I can't seem to make a cut in assembly mode, I can make an extrusion, but I can't remove material. I'm using W.F. 2.0. Any suggestions???</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>Ben</DIV>

hi Ben

If u need iges file of assembly cut, go to insert> extrude?select the sketching plan create the cut as u need, say thru all.. when it is intersecting different componentes, it gives the dialogue box to cut which of the componentes, say select all if u required. This cut operation is assembly cut operation !!! Make the iges file for the needed.

suppose if u want toview the assembly cut, create the xsection, by selectin the required pane (say section A), double click in the section A, u can see the required one, just for viewing purpose only. if u need any further clarification mail me to the

[email protected]

Regards

Siva prasad

Hi,

The cut in the asm dosent work only when the components you are having is surfaces.Check out if your asm is made of surfaces(go to wireframe and check the color of the components).if so make sure it is converted to a solid
Regards,

Deepak Bhat

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back